The change from winter to spring is typically accompanied by a desire to have a bright, clean home. You're tired of the dingy, cold effects of winter snow and ice, and everything just feels a bit less than fresh. If you’re planning a spring cleaning routine but don’t know where to begin, these seven tips will help you get started.
- Set all clocks ahead one hour for Daylight Savings Time.
- Change the batteries in things like smoke detectors, remote controls, and alarm clocks.
- Flip or rotate your mattress to ensure that it lasts for years to come.
- Protect hardwood floors against scratches by adding padded, adhesive discs to the legs of chairs and tables.
- Clean the refrigerator using a few teaspoons of baking soda diluted in hot water. Also be sure to toss out expired or unused food items.
- Wash pillows to prevent seasonal allergens common in the springtime from accumulating inside.
- Re-stock cleaning supplies to prepare yourself for any number of household messes and spills that come with the spring season.