Flowers look beautiful in your home, but you also love them for the lovely scent they emit throughout your space. If you want to fill your home with the unmistakable aroma of fresh-cut blooms, these are the top five best flowers to choose.
- Lavender. The purple-blue flowers on the lavender plant are instantly recognizable, as are the blooms' soothing, relaxing fragrance. Best of all, lavender flowers last a relatively long time, so you’ll really get your money’s worth.
- Roses. The flower of love is also one of the best when it comes to floral fragrance. While most common floral shop roses don’t have much of a scent, heirloom and garden roses smell fresh and sweet.
- Peonies. These herbaceous flowers bloom in late spring and early summer, and their large, showy petals prove them to be as eye-catching as they are fragrant. Peonies boast a citrus-y, woodsy scent.
- Hyacinth. This spring plant has tight, clustered flowers in shades of blue, white, and pink, and its scent is similar to a sweeter type of lavender.
- Lilac. Lilac flowers grow on larger trees and bushes, but they are often cut for bouquets. Although they only last for around five days in a vase, their soft, sweet scent is well worth their short lifespan!
Top 10 Best Smelling Flowers According To Florists [Flower Shop Network]
Flower Power: The Best Fragrant Flowers [Divine Caroline]
Stop and Smell these Fragrant Flowers! [Fun Flower Facts]