Flowers brighten up any room and give it that sleek, interior designer look. Not only do they look great, a blossoming flower arrangement will make your room smell wonderful, too. Here are a few professional tips for making an attractive floral arrangement at home.
- Gather your supplies. Use a vase or even an old jar as the base for your arrangement and be sure to have sharp scissors or shears on hand. You’ll also need a variety of flowers, which depend on your personal tastes.
- Add some foliage. To create a space-filler for your arrangement, add some lush green foliage. Cut it so that the sides are shorter and the middle is taller to create dimension, but be sure to leave room for the flowers.
- Place large flowers throughout. Next, add larger faced flowers like roses or peonies. Cut some stems longer and other stems shorter, then scatter them throughout the arrangement.
- Disperse wispy accents. Weave vines, smaller ferns, or even delicate flowers throughout the rest of the arrangement to create texture. Let some shoot outward from the sides for a multidimensional look.
- Make final adjustments. Once all of your flowers are in place, be sure to arrange them a bit more. Stand back and admire your handiwork to see which flowers need to be moved, and don’t worry if there are a few imperfections; that gives your arrangement character!