Cereal is one of America's most popular foods. Despite the often ridiculous price per box in stores, cereals are a fan favorite for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacking in between. There is even a fast food chain, Cereality, dedicated to bringing out your inner child for every meal with a full-on cereal bar for mixing and matching kinds. Cereal has even found its way into yogurt shops as a popular topping. So if you're as big a cereal fan as well, everyone else, here are a few tips for making cereal a healthy part of your day. Here are five websites with cereal facts you'll want to know before you dig in to your next bowl.
1. Livestrong's Top 10 Healthiest Cereals. Find out if you're choosing the right bowl to start off the day.
2. Top 10 Worst Breakfast Cereals for Kids. Or for anyone for that matter. Even if they say "Made with Whole Grains", some cereals are just way too sugary to be healthy.
3. Healthy Homemade Cereals. Make your own brand of cereal-ly goodness! Here's a list of different varieties you can make at home, from Ginger Snap Granola to Toasted Muesli with Ginger and Blueberries!
4. More Than Breakfast! Check out Kellogg's recipe ideas for dishes using your favorite cereals. Besides the Rice Krispies Treats we have all grown to know and love, you can make All Bran Chicken Satay with Dipping Sauce, or Crispix Ice Cream Dessert Bars.
5. Cereal Coupons! If you buy cereal on a regular basis, check out this website for printable coupons you can use at your local stores. Saving $1, $2, or $3 at a time can really add up!